Gardening in a Small Space

Growing 500 pounds of food in a SMALL space. Who's with us?

Friday, March 19, 2010

Gardening Is Scary. Who knew?

Last night we had ourselves a planning meeting! Instead of a Round Table like King Arthur's Knights, we had a comfy, red couch. We planned like we were about to take Bunker Hill instead of planting a garden. Am I scaring you yet?

We looked up plans because sadly I am not creative enough yet to design my own garden. I think I'll need to have a few more successful seasons before I go
renegade. What do you all think?
Our main goal is to have a high yield. We want to have a lot to eat during the season and have some left over to can (Suzy will be leading that task force). And I'm going to admit something to you... I somewhat plan around my husband's cooking. I know that he can make this yummy roasted butternut squash with stuffed pork, a to die for salsa, and I may not want to even get started on his eggplant
parmesan. Not scary right?

We are even going to try some Tom Thumb peas. They are real life peas just teeny tiny. Not scary at all. We missed the season last year and want to be a little brave. I'm thinking of just doing it in a pot on my deck. Then I want to do some snow peas in the big garden.

So the girls are talking business and the gentlemen are talking about who knows what at the end of the couch and Jason says, "You all scare me when you talk garden stuff." We looked perplexed. "Whenever you talk dirt and seeds, it means I'm building something or shelling out money." Well, we were shocked. We aren't scary types... although I have been thinking of a little ole project with new garden boxes...

1 comment:

  1. I do think gardening is scary. However, I'd hunker down right in the mix with you chicks!

    ReplyDelete